The Airhook will support all phones and tablets up to 9.5 inches tall (when horizontally) that are 1.5 pounds or less. Using the support bungee and toggle you can adjust to your preferred device. The current max device width is just under one inch (20mm). The cases that we found to be too large were the childproof, thick silicone cases, larger Otterbox cases, or those with additional carrying compartments on their backside. In those scenarios, the case may have to be removed once in-flight for best use.
All airline cups, plus cans and bottles [up to 16 ounces] using built-in can support that can be lowered from The Airhook's base.
No. Not only is it not safe, it is non-compliant with Stowage Federal Regulations (which is why the tray table must be closed too).
Yes, according to the rules in the current Code of Federal Regulations. Please note, it is very important [and the law] to always comply with airline crew member instructions.
1) Place anchor over the top, close and lock tray table.
2) Push stabilizer bar against tray table surface.
3) Adjust Airhook to desired support angle, tighten lower knob.
4) Slide electronics device onto Airhook perch. Pull device anchor over top of device.
5) Push rear tension button and pull bungee downward to tighten onto device.
7) Adjust device perch to desired viewing angle, tighten upper knob.
8) Place your beverage in the cup holder or loosen lower knob and push cup holder into Convertible Mode.
Use The Crossbar with your Airhook, fits between a vehicle's headrest bars and also between your luggage handlebars!
1) Insert Crossbar between the bars of your vehicle’s headrest..
2) Pull lever back to release spring tension.
3) When movement is no longer possible, push lever to lock into place.
4) Insert The Airhook’s tray table anchor into the back opening.
5) Place The Airhook’s stabilizer bar on The Crossbar’s front ledge or directly on your seat.
Standard Tray Tables
Place closer to locking mechanism on loose or older tray tables.
First Class, Bulk Head, and Exit Row
Use for device support only. Fold flat as if to store, extend device support perch, insert device into bungee, and set viewing angle.
Upper Magazine Rack
(ex. Alaska Airlines) The Airhook needs to be as close to center as possible. Use right next to the tray table locking mechanism.
(ex. Virgin) With The Airhook's separate device perch, your entire setup will be outside of the seat's 'screen area' with no limitation to either.
Half Tray Tables
(ex. Frontier) Use for device support only. Lower tray table and insert The Airhook's tray table support between the tray table and the support bar.Download Tips
When ordering on TheAirhook.com, you are the importer of record and are responsible for any VAT, tariff, duty, taxes, handling fees, customs clearance charge, etc. required by your country for importing consumer goods. We have no control over these charges, nor can we accurately predict the charge amount.
Customs policies and regulations vary in different countries, so we encourage you to contact your local customs office for more information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.
Standard orders are shipped via USPS, unless a different delivery method is selected or requested. Delivery takes approximately 3-6 business. International orders are shipped via DHL or FedEx International services, depending on the shipping address. All expedited services deliver in the committed time for the respective service selected and are generally shipped by the next business day (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM PT on Monday – Friday).